Leveraging the Cloud
I’m interested in growing my business in the cloud
Like many other businesses that are in the process of investigating the features and benefits of cloud computing, you are not alone in having to navigate through the hundreds, if not thousands of cloud solutions available on the market today.
Knowing which cloud solutions are right for your business – evaluating cloud tools, services, vendors, providers, and aggregators – and then finding the right cloud partner to build and support your cloud infrastructure can be extremely daunting and challenging. That’s where BDS comes in.
With nearly two decades of experience in building and supporting thousands of on-premise and cloud-based IT environments, our certified cloud specialists are ready to assist you with transitioning part, or all of your IT infrastructure to the cloud.
What can the cloud really do for my business?
Embracing the cloud, if approached and implemented correctly – could arguably be one of the best business and technology investments that you’re ever likely to make.
Moving part or all of your IT infrastructure to the cloud will allow you to:
- Free yourself from the burden of managing servers and backing-up your data, maintaining and upgrading software, and managing databases and CRM’s — all of these critical responsibilities are managed for you for a fixed monthly, quarterly or annual fee. Only pay for what you need.
- Expand your IT infrastructure quickly as your business grows, without the need to hire new staff, purchase new hardware equipment, and install + configure new software to get up and running.
- Implement technology without large up-front capital costs.
- Benefit from increased system efficiency and reliability with automated system management tools that perform critical background tasks on your network such as, patch management, software license management & compliance reporting, PC and server performance tuning, and much more.
- Gain access to enterprise-level technologies and services through a subscription-based model (SaaS) that would otherwise be too expensive.
- Decrease physical office, storage and data center footprint, and decreased energy emissions and carbon footprint.
- Utilize cloud mobility tools that drive collaboration and give you access to your critical business applications while you’re on the go.
How BDS can help you leverage the cloud?
- Getting you Cloud Ready We will help you perform a comprehensive Cloud Readiness Assessment (CRA), where we conduct a high-level evaluation of your environment taking into consideration the complexities and uniqueness of your business environment, and making sure that your systems and applications are truly ‘cloud-ready’.
- Business case and ROI:
BDS can show you exactly how the cloud can fit into your business. If there is a strong case for cloud adoption, we can then provide you with the right strategy to enable your organization to reap the advantages and benefits of building and transitioning to a cloud-based infrastructure.
- Creating a cloud migration strategy:
We will help you to establish a cloud adoption and transition road map, paying particular attention to the important factors and nuances associated with your business – and your technology .i.e. industry best practices, regulatory compliance requirements, etc.
- Migration and implementation: Our cloud migration and implementation process follows a proven project management methodology, which ensures that your transition will be performed seamlessly – and delivered with flawless execution.Every cloud migration project is managed by a BDS ITIL® certified vCIO – our most senior level strategic technology professional. Your vCIO alongside our cloud services team will build-out your new cloud environment, and then perform the necessary steps to complete your application, data, and infrastructure migration.
- Cloud infrastructure support
BDS can provide you with ongoing support and management of your new cloud infrastructure, and also support for your existing cloud-based tools, services, and applications such as: MS Office 365, Microsoft Exchange®, Skype for business, Google Apps, SalesForce, and Intuit to name just a few.We will assign you a dedicated account management team consisting of your account manager, your primary cloud engineer, and your ITIL® certified vCIO strategic IT consultant.Your vCIO will be the individual responsible for working closely with your team to provide high-level strategic planning and execution, as well as ongoing cloud education to ensure that you are always kept abreast of emerging cloud technologies and industry trends.
- Future growth and scalability
Your vCIO will be the individual responsible for working closely with your team to provide high-level strategic planning and execution, as well as ongoing cloud education to ensure that you are always kept abreast of emerging cloud technologies and industry trends.Beyond our core cloud solutions we have partnerships with literally hundreds of additional clouds partners and vendors, many of which focus on delivering solutions tailored to specific industries.
Do I need a Private, Hybrid, or Public Cloud?
Businesses are commonly finding that public, hybrid and private cloud models have strengths and weaknesses which can serve as barriers to adoption. There is no “one-size fits all” answer and it can be important for businesses to combine the most appropriate mix of cloud models to meet their needs.
Which model you leverage can depend on many different aspects of your environment such as; the amount of (growing) data, current workloads, and the level of security, availability and control you require.
BDS can help you choose, set-up and configure the right cloud computing model for your business.
What other types of cloud solutions does BDS offer?
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS)
- Data Center Hosting w/ Private & Hybrid Clouds
- Internet Security Services
- Cloud Application Support
- Hosted Email Solutions
- Cloud-based Network Monitoring Tools